Elements of a Great Web Design
What makes a great website design and why should you care enough to get down to the nitty-gritty of things? If you’re a business owner, not paying attention to your website can literally drive you to failure. After all, it is undeniably one of the most important and most powerful tools you can use to promote your business and increase your revenues. As an Atlanta speaker, this is something that I have told small business owners for years now.
Web design helps attract your audience’s attention, earn their trust, improve the overall user experience, and enhance your SEO strategy. Considering its importance, having a well-designed website is not enough. You need to set the bar higher and come up with the best possible version of your business website.
How do you do that? The simplest and easiest way is to partner up with a professional web design agency with tons of experience and have proven results. However, if you’re a little short on cash and prefer the DIY route, here are some elements you may need to consider.
- Navigation. Your website should be easy to navigate. Your audience should know where they are at all times and should easily find the information they need.
- Aesthetics. Use graphics, fonts, and color palettes to your advantage but avoid going overboard. Maintain consistency across your website to create a more cohesive look. Integrate responsive design since most web users will access your site using different devices.
- Content. Content still reigns supreme so create useful, timely, and relevant content to engage your audience and keep them coming back for more. As a bonus, it can significantly improve your SEO.
- Visibility. Your business success hinges on your visibility so implement time-tested SEO tactics and well-planned digital marketing campaigns to help your target audience find you.
- Conversion. Your site’s main objective is to convert casual visitors to leads so use powerful calls-to-action (CTAs) to entice them to take the next step.
If you want to get the best possible results, your website should have all these elements working harmoniously together. During my time working as an Atlanta speaker, I have been encouraging small business owners across the region to focus on these five elements. For more information, Contact me for a complimentary marketing strategy session and let us help you get the results you need.