Top 5 Mistakes Small Business Owners Make with Their Online Presence
Since a strong digital presence helps consumers find businesses online, small businesses simply can’t afford to ignore the importance of establishing their online presence.
With 97% of consumers using the internet to find businesses online, can you imagine how much money you’re leaving on the table by not having a professional business website and/or a strong social media presence or by not adding your information to credible online business directories.
Your online presence counts. Here’s why.
- It establishes credibility and builds customers’ trust.
- It provides a platform for you to communicate your brand effectively.
- It improves customer experience and keeps them happy.
Thus, if you’re a business owner and you want to succeed, you need to take your business online, no matter the size. There’s just no other way around it.
However, some business owners don’t see good results from their efforts. Why? Because they’re not doing it right.
- Website is not properly optimized for SEO and is not mobile-friendly.
- Google My Business listing not optimized. To ensure positive results, include business name, address, contact numbers, hours of operation, service information, and link to website. It is also a good idea to include pictures, scheduling link, answers to common customer questions.
- Social media pages are owned by admin, who could leave and not give access to the account.
- Social media account is not updated on a daily basis, customers are not requested to follow social media accounts, and lack of interaction with the audience.
- Lack of online reviews or positive media about the company on other websites and not posting photos of staff, leadership, and other behind the scene footages. These things can help show credibility and humanize your brand and neglecting to do so can somehow hurt your business.
Small businesses have a lot to gain by putting a little more effort on building their online presence but they need to do it right to get what they need. Don’t you think it’s high time to up your game and claim your spot at the top? Contact us to get a marketing consultation today!