Why Your Company Needs Social Media Marketing

social media marketing

Why Your Company Needs Social Media Marketing

Why bother marketing your business on social media? Isn’t it just a waste of time? What good would it do? If you’re still not into social media or are not making the most of your social media presence, you’re missing out on a lot of things. For one, you may be leaving a lot of money on the table. One study shows that 78% of salespeople who routinely use social media outperform their competitors while 23% even exceeded their quota by more than 10%. No matter how you looked at the numbers, social media helps in increasing sales.

But the benefits don’t end there. Social media marketing also helps small businesses in several other ways.

Consider these.

No alt text provided for this image
  • It drives traffic to your site. Instead of relying solely on search engines, you can use social media to drive more diverse inbound traffic to your main business website without costing you anything, unless you’d like to pay for promotion.

  • It improves your conversion rate. Now that people are coming to your site, you need them to take the desired action. Otherwise, all that traffic would be for nothing. To do this, you can add a powerful call to action (CTA), run contests and giveaways, and/or highlight social proof to compel them to buy from you.

  • It is an effective retargeting tool. It’s a fact. Only 2% of your visitors will actually make a purchase on their first visit to your site. What about the remaining 98%? Is it possible to make a profit from these people? Yes, it is, with the help of retargeting ads.
No alt text provided for this image
  • It improves your search engine ranking. The more you offer something of value to your social media followers, the more likely they are to engage with it and share it with their network. So, even though social media does not directly affect search rankings, it amplifies the social signals that Google uses in ranking a website.

Social media marketing can help your business flourish so don’t take it for granted. Admittedly, the task may be overwhelming but the results are definitely worth the effort. With a little planning, careful management, and a lot of sweat equity, you can increase your following, improve your SEO, and generate substantial profits.

However, if you’d rather leave it to the hands of the experts so you can have the time to do the things you love most, feel free to Contact me for a complimentary marketing strategy session. We can help you get the results you need.

[hfe_template id='10609']

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top